SLU 201 2024
Building on the foundation of personal leadership learned at SLU 101, SLU 201 will equip you to lead as a citizen and catalyst for change. Explore the ten foundational components of SLU 201 as you discover your own role in our society’s future.
Places You'll Go
The Holocaust Museum
Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The U.S. Capitol
The Museum of the Bible
The National Archives
What You'll Experience
- Observe and meditate on the cost of freedom & honor through a private wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery
- Grapple with deep questions about justice in the shadow of the Holocaust
- Learn the power of legacy while exploring our national monuments
- Watch theology and culture intersect in the hall of Congress and faith lived out in the public square
- Understand your responsibility and calling to be a citizen
SLU 201 Pricing
|SLU 201 Program Pricing
|EARLY BIRD BASE PRICE
Register by November 10th
|Regular BASE Price
Register by March 22nd
|Summer BASE Price
Register by May 17th
|SINGLES OR INDIVIDUALS
Important Registration Notes:
Deposit and Rooming Information:
|Please note that a deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 person(s) will be charged a rooming fee of $260 per empty spot.
The registration price includes all meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and upon arrival at the hotel, transportation to and from experiences included in the conference. Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
Frequently Asked Questions
To attend as a single, a student must be at least 16 years old. To attend with a group, students should be at least 15 years old and have completed the 8th grade.
All student attendees must have completed the SLU 101 program before attending SLU 201. We also recommend spreading the experiences out and not completing them in the same summer.
Yes! There are three different airports that you may choose to fly into that service the DC Metro area: Reagan/ National (DCA), Baltimore (BWI), and Dulles (IAD). We recommend that all participants fly into Reagan National (DCA) as it is the closest airport to the hotel. We recommend that a flight into the other airports needs to be at least $100 cheaper to justify flying into them as you will end up paying that cost in travel to and from the airport. When scheduling flights, note that our program registration will begin at 1:00 PM and the first SLU 201 event begins at 4:00 PM so try and get flights that arrive no later than 12:00 PM We are done at 12 PM on Friday, so you would be safe booking a flight out of DCA that leaves 2:30 PM or later.
For groups needing assistance making flight arrangements, SLU recommends contacting Go Travel Company. Ask for Kathy Nau at 800-800-7703 ext. 116 or [email protected]. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Kathy is a great resource in helping groups find affordable flights
Students will not be met at the airport. You must make transportation arrangements to and from the hotel. We recommend arriving at the hotel by 4:00 PM so you can check-in with us and get settled before SLU 201 kicks off.
- Metro: The hotel has lobby access to the Crystal City Metro stop. Please note that there are TWO Marriott Hotels in Crystal City so it is important you go to the Gateway Marriott. When you come out of the metro and see the two doors that say Marriott, take the door on the right.
- Taxi/Cab/Uber: The estimated fare for a taxi from Reagan National (DCA) is approx. $10 or Taxi/ Cab and Uber is slightly less than this.
- Hotel Shuttle: The hotel has a complimentary 12 passenger shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The shuttle picks up at ground transportation. Look for the Crystal City Gateway Marriott shuttle. Because we have over 900 people coming in for SLU 201 (most of which are flying), the hotel cannot guarantee transportation for all attendees in a timely manner so SLU recommends participants consider one of the first two options.
Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply. In fairness to others, we cannot make exceptions.
- 45 days or more before the conference: Deposit will be lost. (Deposit may be transferred to a new attendee for the current year and same program but cannot be transferred to anyone currently registered.)
- 30-44 days before the conference: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
Transfer Policy: (you may replace current attendee with a new attendee for the same program)
- 15 days or more before the conference: No transfer fee
- Less than 15 days before conference: Transfers will incur a $10 fee
Please note: If circumstances regionally or globally necessitate a transition from a live event, the SLU team will communicate whether this event will be transitioned to a virtual event, rescheduled, or cancelled. In this circumstance, the event deposit is still non-refundable.
To cancel or transfer a registration, please email [email protected].
As part of the registration process, you will submit a rooming list no later than 45 days before the conference. If you are attending by yourself, SLU will do our best to place you in a room with other SLU students of the same gender and similar age. Rooms may not be co-ed unless members of the same family. One individual student under 18 cannot be in a room by themselves. SLU will not room a student with an adult over 18 if they are not from the same group. Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely and SLU is unable to do so, additional charges will apply ($260 for each empty spot). You may be billed after the final payment date for room accommodations that are not quad occupancy, as necessary. Rollaway beds are not available. Rooms will be available at 4:00 PM.
If you want to arrive early for SLU 201 and book additional hotel nights, you can do that directly through SLU when you fill out the rooming list for your group. There is a section to request additional nights and then all of your hotel arrangements can be made directly through SLU. The hotel rates are as follows (like many business hotels, the hotel rates are less expensive on the weekends):
- July 12-14: Rooms are $158 per night.
- July 15-19: Extra nights and additional rooms for those not attending the conference are $260 per night. The rooming cost for the 10-14 is already included in registered attendee’s program fee.