SCHOOL OF LEADERSHIP
TRAINING WITH A PURPOSE.
The School of Leadership is a ministry of Student Leadership University and provides educators and student leaders with a comprehensive leadership training program that can be implemented into any environment. In-depth leadership training is provided through eight engaging semester-long courses that equip students to develop strong and lasting leadership skills that will allow them to lead with intentionality and purpose.
This curriculum is designed to create a tried and true blueprint of what is required of those that desire to lead. It’s for those that look at the state of the world and refuse to settle for the way things are. Those that are determined to leave the world better than they found it, not for praise or glory for themselves, but because God requires us to be good stewards of the gifts He has given us.
8 SEMESTER-LONG COURSES*:
- Influence – Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus
- Mentorship – Discovering How Learners Become Leaders
- Time – The Soul’s Autobiography
- Relationships – Developing a Relational Approach to Leadership
- Motivation – The Invisible Labor
- Engagement – A Practical Guide to Cultural Engagement
- Calling – Discovering my Callings
- Dreaming – Imagineology and the Central Goal of Leadership
*Instructor’s Guide and Video teachings are available for each course.
Each Lesson Contains:
- Leadership Objective – A concept or skillset that students will need to master to effectively lead with influence. Each lesson will encourage students to think, process, evaluate, discover, analyze, and create, and will build upon the other to ensure mastery of content.
- Consider This – Stories bring concepts to life and create memorable experiences that will enable concepts to move from abstract to concrete learning. This section provides a foundational approach to providing students with the context needed to draw conclusions and gain knowledge.
- Discover This – Discovery learning is an inquiry-based, constructivist learning theory that takes place in problem-solving situations where the student draws on his or her own past experiences and existing knowledge to discover facts, relationships, and new truths to be learned.
- The Real-World Walkaway – This section will give students practical ways to implement leadership principles into the circumstances and realities of everyday life.
- At the End of the Day – Students will consider thoughtful ideas and questions and record their ponderings so that their leadership growth is documented. This will provide them with the ability to see the many ways God has worked in their lives as they have gone through their own leadership journey.
A comprehensive Instructor’s Guide is available for each course and provides the instructor with resources, ideas, activities, thoughtful questions, and a blueprint for walking with their students as they engage in their leadership development journey.
Each Instructor’s Guide comes with the following Resources:
- PDF Instructor’s Guide
- 12-15 professionally produced teaching videos from experts in their field
- 30-minute vision casting meeting with one of the authors
- Access to one of the authors for questions as needed
SCHOOL OF LEADERSHIP INSTRUCTOR PRE-TRAINING
Through this exclusive, customized, and interactive pre-training, educators and ministry leaders will discover how they can create an environment that enables their students to learn to lead in a way that counters culture and inspires others to do the same. This training is crafted for Christian schools and student ministries and is filled with practical applications that will equip instructors to identify and develop student leaders and utilize the curriculum effectively. A pre-training meeting will be held to ensure that the training is crafted for the unique needs of those that are utilizing it. They will learn how they play a vital role in raising up an army of students that value leadership and are willing to step out of the cultural norm to lead and influence this generation.
Contact Emily Pigott at [email protected] to schedule a time to discuss how the School of Leadership can become a part of your student's leadership development.
About the Authors
Brent Crowe, Ph.D. - Vice President of Student Leadership University
Brent Crowe is a thought-provoking visionary and communicator who has a passion to present the life changing message of the gospel. Brent uses humor and real-life situations to relate to people at the heart of their struggles. The roles of husband, father, minister, evangelist, author, and leader have allowed Brent to influence people from all walks of life throughout his twenty years in ministry. Engaging issues such as leadership, culture, and change, Brent speaks to hundreds of thousands across the nation and abroad each year. He has authored various books including, Ten Steps to Your Best Life, Philippians Bible Study, The School of Leadership, Moments ‘til Midnight, Sacred Intent, Reimagine, and Chasing Elephants and is the Associate Editor of IMPACT, The Student Leadership Bible. The desire of Brent’s heart is to see people realize that they have been set apart to the gospel of God and thus, in turn, they must set their lives apart to capture every moment in worshipful service to Him. He is married to Christina and has six children: Gabe, Charis, Za’Riah, Mercy, Zi’Yon, and Aryanna. He holds a Doctorate in Philosophy and two master’s degrees-- a Master of Divinity in Evangelism and a Master of Arts in Ethics, from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
Emily Pigott, M. Ed. - Executive Director of Student Leadership University
Emily serves as the Executive Director of Student Leadership University and works closely with youth leaders, educators, and students as they navigate through their leadership development journey. She holds the firm belief that this generation is more than capable of greatly impacting our culture for Jesus and has seen firsthand what can be accomplished when a young person fully understands their abilities and worth. Emily is passionate about equipping educators and student leaders to utilize culturally relevant and impactful strategies that will enable them to effectively reach and connect with this generation of learners. Emily earned a Master of Education degree in Teaching and Learning from Southeastern University and, prior to her time at SLU, spent 20 years working with students in the role of high school principal, teacher, and Director of Student Leadership Academy. She has recently co-authored with Brent Crowe SLU’s newest resource, The School of Leadership Curriculum, an eight course study of the components required of those that desire to lead in a way that will change the world. Emily has been married to the love of her life, Gene, for over 26 years, and they have two amazing boys, Joshua and Jacob.