Israel and Jordan
Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus. The final step of the SLU journey begins at the birthplace of our faith. After you walk through Scripture at SLU 401, in the footsteps of the most incredible servant leader and teacher our world has ever known, you will never read the Bible the same way again. Not only is faith brought to life, but you will better understand your role in God’s redemptive story and that true leadership begins at the feet of Jesus.
Places You'll Go
Garden of Gethsemane
Sea of Galilee
Mount of Beatitudes
The Dead Sea
What You'll Experience
- Follow the early life of Christ as you journey through the streets of Bethlehem and Nazareth
- Learn to face life’s storms while sailing the Sea of Galilee
- Kneel in prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Stand strong in the face of the world while walking the Via Dolorosa
- Take communion outside the door of the empty tomb after seeing Calvary
- Write your role in God’s redemptive story, and learn to lead like Jesus
SLU 401 2023 PRICING
|SLU 401 Program Pricing||BASE PRICE|
Flight not included
|Round Trip Air Fare from Newark|
Important Registration Notes:
Deposit and Payment Information:
A deposit of $500 is due at the time of registration and the remaining balance of this trip is due March 6, 2023.
This trip has gone to a waitlist by January for the last several years. Please make sure and get your registration in as soon as you can to guarantee your spot.
International Flight Option:
You have the option to book your own roundtrip airfare into Jordan and out of Israel or you can select the SLU flight below from Newark.
- June 3th: Depart Newark (EWR) at 6:42 PM and Arrive in Washington, Dulles (IAD) at 8:03 PM on June 3rd
- June 3th: Depart Dulles (IAD) at 10:00 PM and Arrive in Amman, Jordan (AMN) at 3:55 PM on June 4th
- June 12th: Depart Israel (TLV) at 11:25 PM and Arrive in Newark (EWR) at 4:15 AM on June 13th
We strongly recommend that everyone have travel protection for this trip. Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate directly through Travel Insured through the link on the Travel Protection Page. This is new this year as you no longer need to purchase this through SLU at the time of registration.
Due to additional details needed for international trips (like passports, etc.), registration for SLU 401 through our online system is only set up for individual and family registrations. If you would prefer to register as a group, please see our FAQs below to get the details needed to set up a group registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Attending SLU 401: All attendees under the age of 18 must have completed the SLU 101, SLU 201, and SLU 301 programs before attending SLU 401. We also recommend spreading the experiences out and not completing them in the same summers when possible. Chaperones must be 18 or older to attend.
Age Requirements: There is not an age limit on SLU 401 attendees. The only requirement is that a student who is under 18 must attend with an adult chaperone. Many students attend while they are in college or have graduated, and other students attend with an adult family member.
Families are Welcome! We encourage adult family members to take the opportunity to attend SLU 401 with their students. Siblings may attend if they are over 18, as we do not accept students under the age of 18 who have not attended SLU 101, SLU 201, and SLU 301. Please know that we will do a lot of walking and this trip is physically demanding. Please be prepared to participate in 100% of the experience as an adult chaperone.
Entry requirements for countries are constantly updated due to regulations surrounding COVID-19. Currently it is believed that proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test could be a requirement for international travel and country entry for non-residents in at least one of the border crossings during this trip. Please note: this is not a requirement of SLU, but is a government requirement of where we are traveling. You are signing up for this trip knowing that is a possibility. If you are unable to receive a vaccine before the trip, you will still be subject to the terms of the cancellation policy. Any updates to entry requirements will be communicated to all registered attendees.
SLU encourages families and parents to travel together on our international trips. These trips are life transforming and are a wonderful way to build memories together, as well as for you and your children to grow together in faith and in setting goals for the future. We do not accept students under the age of 18 who have not attended SLU 101, 201, 301. Parents who enroll in 401 must agree to abide by the same rules and schedule as all other 401 participants. Parents, families or friends may not come to “part” of the SLU 401 experience, but they can enroll as full participants.
For groups needing assistance making flight arrangements, SLU recommends that you contact Go Travel Company. Ask for Kathy Nau at 800-800-7703 ext 116 or [email protected] With over thirty years experience in the industry, Kathy is a great resource in helping groups find affordable flights. For domestic flights, we suggest a minimum of 4 hours between domestic and international flight times.
Yes, you may book your own flight, but it is your responsibility to meet up with the group in Amman, Jordan on June 4, 2023. If you have flight delays or are unable to meet the group at the scheduled time, travel arrangements and costs associated with meeting up with the group will be your responsibility. You will be sent a contact number one month before the trip in case you need to reach someone on June 4, 2023. The SLU group will then depart Tel Aviv, Israel the evening of June 12, 2023.
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc. 45 to 120 days before you attend the conference. We are unable to issue refunds unless otherwise noted by the terms and conditions during registration. Travel protection must be purchased through the portal before the final payment deadline for the trip or before you make the final payment for the trip (whichever date comes first); you cannot add it after this date. Select the link below to find out more about trip insurance.
Click here for more information on travel protection.
Rooms are double occupancy, but you may also select to have a room by yourself for an additional charge of $1095. You may request a roommate by completing the Rooming List under the Important Information section of your online account.
SLU does not send your child on these trips; we take your child. We would never risk your child’s safety or our own. We actively watch for updates from the government on security issues or concerns. Should there be a major security issue, the government will alert the public and the airlines will respond accordingly. All travelers should consider registering at https://step.state.gov/step/ through the US Department of State as it allows them to better assist you should an emergency arise either at home or abroad.
Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply.
- 120 days or more before departure: Deposit will be lost (Deposit may be transferred to new registration for current year and same program but cannot transfer to anyone currently registered)
- 91-119 days before departure: 30% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 61-90 days before departure: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 0-60 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
Transfers or Changes to Accounts:
- 120 days before departure: no transfer fee
- 61-119 days before departure: $50 plus the cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 14-60 before departure: $100 plus cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 13 days and under before departure: transfer may not be possible due to VISAs and airline ticket regulations. If a transfer is possible, all costs incurred by SLU will be transferred to the attendee.
All monies are due 90 days before departure. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee.
To cancel or transfer a registration, please email [email protected]
A $500 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due on March 6, 2023. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, 1560 North Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Winter Park, Florida 32789). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.
- Click here to view the complete conference checklist and see below for a summary of what is due and when.
- 120 days before departure
- Your passport information and completed attendee Information
- 90 days prior to departure
- Final payment and Rooming List
- Dietary Restrictions
- Domestic Flight Information
- If you booked your international flight separately, this information is due.