SLU 101 provides a year’s worth of leadership development in just 4 days. This dynamic experience allows attendees to learn from world-class thought leaders in creative and participatory environments inside and outside of the conference room. SLU teaches each student practical and relational life skills to change the way they think, dream and lead at the feet of Jesus.
Places You'll Go
Island of Adventures
What You'll Experience
- All-Inclusive 4-Day/3-Night Stay in a Business Hotel
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Experiences at Sea World
- Rules and Tools of Leadership from World-Class Communicators
- Worldview Development from Leading Christian Apologists
- An Afternoon of Roller Coasters at Renowned Theme Parks
- Business Leadership Lessons from Top Level Executives
- Personality Assessment and Time and Goal Management
|SLU 101 Winter Week Pricing||Early Bird Price Register by November 10th||After November 10th Price|
|SINGLES OR INDIVIDUALS||$679||$729|
Important Registration Notes:
Deposit and Rooming Information:
Please note that a non-refundable deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 persons will be charged a rooming fee of $94 for each empty spot.
Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on the conference rate directly through Travel Insured through the link on the Travel Protection Page. This is new this year as you no longer need to purchase this through SLU at the time of registration.
The registration price includes all meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and upon arrival at the hotel, transportation to and from experiences included in the conference. Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a tentative schedule!
To participate as a single, a student must be at least 15 years old. To participate with a group, students should be at least 14 years old and going into 8th grade.
As part of the registration process, both groups and singles must submit a rooming list no later than 45 days before the program.
Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely, you may request that SLU fill those empty spots with another student(s). If SLU is unable to fill the room, additional charges will apply (see empty fee price above). You may be billed for this after the final payment date, as necessary. Rollaway beds are not available.
SLU will automatically place you in a room with up to three other student attendees of the same gender based on the following guidelines:
- Rooms may not be co-ed unless both attendees are members of the same family.
- One individual student under 18 cannot be in a room by themselves.
- SLU will not room an under-18 student with anyone over 18 if they are not from the same group.
If a parent is not attending the conference but would like to stay in the room with their student, you may pay the applicable empty spot fees to buy out the room. You may request this on the rooming list form after registering.
If you know other individuals who are attending the same week as you, you may request to room together by filling out the rooming list and including each individual’s name. Each attendee must fill out a rooming list. You will receive the rooming list via email after registration.
GROUPS: Group leaders must bring a medical release form for any minors attending without a parent/guardian and keep those forms with you at all times during the program. Medical release forms must empower your group leader (not SLU) to authorize medical treatment for the students you are bringing to the program.
SINGLES: Any student attending without a chaperone must complete the SLU Medical Release Form during the online registration process.
Registration is from 1:00PM-3:00PM on Day One. You will check in at the SLU table to pick up both your room keys and conference materials. You will need to have filled out the online Liability Form prior to your arrival on site. This document can be found here.
Please note that hotel rooms are not guaranteed to be available until 3:00PM.
If you have special dietary restrictions or food allergies, they should be submitted to SLU no later than 45 days before the program begins. If something comes up after registration, you can update your registration information up to 15 days before the program begins. Please be sure to offer specifics on what you cannot eat and what can be substituted. We will make every effort to accommodate, but there may be certain times when this is not possible. We recommend that you bring prepared foods or snacks with you that are compliant with your dietary needs.
- Bible & Pen (syllabi for notes will be provided)
- Clothes (see Dress Code)
- Personal hygiene items
- Reusable water bottle
- Money for the offering/merch table/snacks/souvenirs
Once you complete SLU 101, we will send your name directly to CSU’s admissions office. There is no need for you to do anything to confirm your SLU 101 attendance.
A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due 45 days before the program begins. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, 1560 North Orange Ave, Suite 200, Winter Park, FL 32789). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 2.24% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.
- 45 days or more before the conference: Deposit will be lost. (Deposit may be transferred to a new attendee for the current year and same program but cannot be transferred to anyone currently registered.)
- 30-44 days before the conference: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
Transfer Policy: (you may replace current attendee with a new attendee for the same program)
- 15 days or more before the conference: No transfer fee
- Less than 15 days before conference: Transfers will incur a $10 fee
Please note: If circumstances regionally or globally necessitate a transition from a live event, the SLU team will communicate whether this event will be transitioned to a virtual event, rescheduled, or cancelled. In this circumstance, the event deposit is still non-refundable.
To cancel or transfer a registration, please email [email protected].
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc., 30 to 120 days before the conference. Therefore, we cannot pass a refund on to you other than as noted on the registration page. Click here for more information on travel protection. Travel protection must be purchased through the portal before the final payment deadline for the trip or before you make the final payment for the trip (whichever date comes first); you cannot add it after this date.