SLU SUMMER STAFF REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICANTS:
- Must have completed SLU 101, SLU 201, and SLU 301 (or SLU 401) prior to when you would serve as a SLU summer staff member.
- Must be a minimum age of eighteen and be one year removed from your high school graduation date (meaning you must have graduated from high school no later than June 2023 to apply).
- Must be available to serve during the entire time period listed for the position you are applying. Dates listed below include two days of staff training before the program begins.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS FOR SLU Summer Staff:
- **SLU Summer Long Internship in Orlando, Florida (must be available June 14 to July 19, 2024)
- SLU 101 San Antonio Staff Member (must be available June 26-29, 2024)
- SLU 201 Staff Member (must be available July 13-19, 2024) - only available to those who have either served at SLU 101 in a previous summer or also apply for SLU 101 San Antonio in 2024
- SLU 301 Staff Member (must be available July 19-28, 2024) only available to those who have already served as a SLU 201 Summer Staff member in a previous summer for multiple summers.
** Special Note for SLU Summer Long Interns in Orlando: Non sponsored interns (not selected and sponsored by a sponsoring school) raise the funds to be an SLU intern and serve at SLU 101 in Orlando. Those funds, which total $4000, are due to the SLU office not later than May 17, 2024. Each non-sponsored intern is selected by the SLU Lead Team. Applications for this position only are due on December 8, 2023.
APPLICATION TIMELINE FOR SLU Summer Staff: Applications for SLU Summer Staff positions are accepted on an on-going basis and may be submitted at anytime throughout the year. All applications received by the office on or before February 26, 2024 will be considered for 2024 summer programs positions. Applications received after February 26, 2024 will be considered for 2025 summer program positions. Please note that the only exception to this application deadline is for those applying to be an SLU Non-Sponsored Summer-Long Internship in Orlando. Applications are due for this position on December 8, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier rather than later because decisions for summer staff positions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year. Once an application is received by the office, the applicant will be sent an email within two weeks confirming receipt of the application and detailing the rest of the application process.
COMPENSATION FOR SLU Summer Staff: All travel expenses to and from the program site (flight, driving, etc.) are paid for by SLU. During the program week, all housing, food, and approved incidental expenses are also covered by SLU. SLU Summer Staff Member positions are volunteer positions; therefore staff members do not receive a weekly stipend from SLU. The only exception to this is those staff members who are selected by the individual sponsoring schools.